"I can find you..."

I (along with some of the people here!) have been working on the Wikipedia post. I have written for Wiki before, so I know the rules in general...don't make up things, and cite references when you make a statement. Occasionally, a statement is contested, and additional citing is needed. No biggie.

I have never, ever had any writing I have done be as hotly contested as the Jon and Kate piece. When the names of Kate's PARENTS were contested, I knew something unusual was up. I went to cite the Lt. Governor's speech opening up TAF accounts for all 8 kids (which directly contradicts their webpage that says they have no such funds.)and discovered that, although the link to the speech was on his site, the speech itself is deleted. All of the other speeches he gave during the same time frame are, indeed, on the website. Fortunately, I found a word-for-word copy of the speech elsewhere. I believe whoever challenged me KNEW that speech had been removed, and I would have to remove that contradiction.

I was also contested on the fact that Jon used to work for the state of PA in the Governor's Office, that he is now self-employed, that they do public speaking (yes, their schedule was removed from their site) that they sometimes get love offerings at these speeches, and that the sell pictures. The only thing not contested were the names,birthdays,weights and direct quotes that were positive.

And hey, I was trying to keep it neutral while involving the controversy. For a little while last night, the sentence, "We now live in Pennsylvania" appeared on the "controversy" section. I did not do anything about it, but it disappeared later.

Finally, this morning, I received a private message via Wikipedia. It said, "Why are you doing this? Just leave them alone because I can find you." I laughed it off, but why is someone threatening me over a Wikipedia page? Do they not realize that the more they press, the deeper we will dig? Dirt piles up when digging occurs, and not all of the dirt goes back in the hole...

Reprinted with permission from Steph.

11 comments:

laura linger said...

I am not joking around when I say that you should call the police. Immediately. That is an absolute threat and should be treated as such, and I am sure that law enforcement would see it that way, too.

Trisha said...

I don't know why your Wiki input was contested, but I noticed a couple of inaccuracies in your post here. Firstly, the Lt. Gov of PA is a "she" -- not a "he". And, the account is commonly known as "TAP", not "TAF". I don't doubt what you're saying, but I have to wonder if maybe, small inaccuracies could have been a reason for some of the info being contested?

Someone threatened you and that has to be a direct violation of Wiki's TOS. At the least, I hope you reported this to Wikipedia.

Serena said...

Thanks for the info, Trisha. I will pass this along to Steph.

The Truth Will Set You Free said...

I'm glad I found this. I will say that I have also received threats do to some things I have posted on various boards, and I'm pretty confident that I know who is behind it.

I've been silent for four years, but some more recent "behind the scenes" things have taken place, which caused me to speak out. I did, and started receiving threats. Well, I won't be intimidated or "commented into submission". I've decided to step back out because the truth needs to be told.

I'd also like to say that I don't know mrsbananabethanna, but I do know that what she said is true. I've known Jon and Kate for years--before the sextuplets--and I think it's time that those of us who know what's really going on---to speak out!

Not a Sheeple said...

The Truth Will Set You Free said...
I'm glad I found this. I will say that I have also received threats do to some things I have posted on various boards, and I'm pretty confident that I know who is behind it.

I did, and started receiving threats. Well, I won't be intimidated or "commented into submission".

and I think it's time that those of us who know what's really going on---to speak out!



"Truth" we're very happy to have you hear and glad to provide a forum for insight. If you want items placed as posts on their own, please put them as a comment in the pinned post for one of the administrators to make it a post or email one of us or to sharla.shaefer@hotmail.com.

Welcome.

iluveeyore said...

"Truth"... I have published your comment as a post. I felt that it was important enough to be seen by more people.

Welcome!

FIONA said...

This is all really very sad. It keeps getting worse and worse. Does no one in the Gosselin camp not see this? Does there exsist NO ONE that can get thru to Jon and Kate that they can't hide from the lies. The public wants the truth and we will get it!

FIONA said...

BTW...I agree, you were threatened. I would take it as far as it needs to go. Jon, if you are behind this, I guess you can add it to your list of other deeds that will not doubt land you in a heap of trouble. My thought is Uncle Sam is on to these 2 already.

Steph said...

Trisha-thanks. I double checked my Wiki entry, and I did use TAP and did not specify the gender of the Lt Governor. Now that everything is either cited or removed, I think it is over.
There were several sources they were also contesting. I got those cleared through Wikipedia as acceptable and they remain.
I think it will stay as is now.

I do apologize for my assumption here that the Lt Gov was male. I should have known better. :-) As for the TAP/TAF, I think I was just tired when I posted here. But thanks SO MUCH.

FIONA said...

What this site has the potential to do...to help the Gosselin kids is remarkable. I am very glad a site now exsists where the truth can come out!

iluveeyore said...

"Truth": I think you might want to invite the original contributers to this blog to view your blog. That way we might be able to publish stuff, without attribution to you.

But it's up to you. Please do what makes you comfortable.

P.S. Exactly WHO is your blog open to right now?